[News] Xununtu with 160MHz+, 128MB of RAM

Ubuntu Goes Low Spec!

,----[ Quote ]
| Xubuntu: Realizing the sheer number of people who will disagree with me
| here, I still feel that using 128MB of RAM even when installed is
| sufficient enough. The reason for that is that applications will
| actually run without causing you to pull out your hair from the
| lack of speed. As for the CPU, I'd recommend going with
| 160MHz+ myself.
`----

http://www.osweekly.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2461&Itemid=449

Related:

See an item about Linux...

,----[ Quote ]
| "I did install SuSE 7.3 on a Dyme 166 MHz machine with 32 MB installed and
| I used KDE 2.2 from July 2003 to December 2004 to write my documents,
| develop my compiler and browse the web."
`----

http://thebeez.vnunetblogs.com/the_beez_speaks/2006/10/the_unknown_sol.html

What about the performance and memory usage of KDE and GNOME?

,----[ Quote ]
| In this particular test, KDE and some typical KDE applications were
| found to consume 143.2 MB of RAM. GNOME and comparable GNOME
| applications consumed 174.8 MB. XFCE and some third-party
| applications comparable to the ones used for GNOME and KDE
| consumed 206.8 MB of RAM.
`----

http://pinderkent.blogsavy.com/archives/35

Windows Vista consumes 600MB of RAM with no apps running

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://vistaonamacbookpro.info/?p=108