[News] GPLv3 Release Could Suffer Delay; "Wow GNU Style"

GPL 3 release could slip past March

,----[ Quote ]
| The Free Software Foundation is no longer committing to the planned March
| deadline for a new version of the General Public License, but a third draft
| of the seminal open-source license is due soon.
|
| [...]
|
| A wrinkle emerged in November with a patent and technology
| partnership between Linux seller Novell and Microsoft. Under the
| deal, Microsoft agreed not to sue Novell Linux customers for patent
| infringement. (The complex deal also involves patent-related payments
| going in both directions, joint marketing, and Microsoft sales of
| Novell's Suse Linux Enterprise Server.)
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6158453.html

GNU STYLE

http://www.flickr.com/photos/urban_data/387974559/

Related:

Linux Graffiti Spotted in Toronto Subway Station

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.loconet.ca/?p=64