Re: No Point to this Newsgroup

  • Subject: Re: No Point to this Newsgroup
  • From: "Ian Semmel" <anyoneNOJUNK@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 18:14:52 GMT
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

"RonB" <ronb02nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:pan.2007.02.11.13.07.00.930401@xxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 18:37:40 +0000, Ian Semmel wrote:

When you download the new headers, all you get is a screen full of crap from
Schestowitz. Anything that might be interesting I have already read from the
TechRepublic and ZDNet newsletters I subscribe to and Schestowitz
plagiarises from. Sometimes there are a few contributions from others but
they are hidden in the garbage.

Well, this is usually the first (and only) place I see the news stories so I'm thankful they're here. Suggestion -- killfile Roy. So simple, so gripe free -- problem solved.

So you rely on the great Roy Schestowitz to tell you what is news do you ?

How pathetic. Be brave and go out into the world and find out for yourself. When you do, you will find out his selective extracts from rss feeds are not giving you the full story.

"In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king".

--
RonB
"There's a story there...somewhere"