[News] Latest Wine/Linux Runs Half Life 2

Linux Game Review - Half Life 2

,----[ Quote ]
| With some recent technology available at www.winehq.com, Linux users
| can play a popular game called Half Life 2. Half Life 2 is an
| extensive journey in a future world.
`----

http://linux.about.com/od/softgame/fr/fr_halflife2.htm

Wine compatibility seems to gradually make CrossOver and Cedega obsolete. If
this pace is sustainable, games could cease to serve a barrier to Linux
adoption. That said, native versions (Linux ports) are discouraged as well.

Related:

CrossOver Linux 6.0 Supports World of Warcraft, Half Life 2, and
Counterstrike

,----[ Quote ]
| CrossOver is an enhanced version of the Open Source Linux project
| Wine, which makes it possible to run native MS Windows applications
| on Linux. Many Windows applications can be run on Linux in this way,
| including Microsoft Office 97, 2000, 2003, and XP, Microsoft
| Outlook, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Microsoft Project, Microsoft
| Visio, Adobe Photoshop, Quicken, Quicktime, iTunes, Windows Media
| Player 6.4, and Lotus Notes 5.0 and 6.5.1.
|
| Cedega is a commercial off-shoot of the Wine project and enables
| DirectX and other Windows graphics intensive programs, so that
| many of the popular Windows games can be played on Linux. Cedega
| is based on the open source Windows emulator Wine, but it is not
| free software and is licensed under BSD. A monthly subscription
| fee gives users access to the latest versions.
`----

http://linux.about.com/b/a/257604.htm

Counter-Strike on Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| But recent advances in the Windows emulation software Wine have
| made it possible to run it on Linux as well. Information on how
| to get Counter Strike running on Linux can be found here. The
| latest version of CrossOver also supports a number of Windows
| games, including World of Warcraft and Steam games like Half
| Life 2, Counterstrike and Prey.
`----

http://linux.about.com/b/a/257623.htm

World of Warcraft on OpenSuse Linux 10.1 (with Wine)

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.latenightpc.com/blog/archives/2006/11/25/world-of-warcraft-on-opensuse-linux-101/