Re: MS patent repossessing your computer ..

__/ [ Kier ] on Sunday 11 February 2007 19:41 \__

http://www.itwire.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7946&Itemid=1063

> If that's actually a serious story, they deserve to be shot at dawn. My
> brother has a Tivo, bought one way back, and he says the greatest thing
> about it is the freedom from intrusive advertising. Why should anyone be
> forced to watch shitty adverts if they don't want to? Sometimes, I think
> if I see one more car advert, I'll run amok.

Microsoft loves DRM (see below) as much as they appreciate brainwash.
Brainwash is, after all, one of the factors that made Microsoft 'successful'
(lack of ethics and corruption aside).

Microsoft: We Like DRM

,----[ Quote ]
| Steve Jobs wants the music business to drop restrictions for digital
| tunes. But Microsoft, which began competing head to head with Apple
| in the digital music business last fall, is happy with the way things
| are, says media exec Robbie Bach.
`----

http://www.forbes.com/2007/02/08/zune-drm-itunes-tech-media-cx_df_0208bach.html?partner=yahootix
http://tinyurl.com/2lrz3y

They say that Microsoft's aspiration to control the customer marks the last
management era (J Ellard and R Bach), who will salute Microsoft Corp. as it
sinks into the ocean. Hate the customer and the customer will hate you. No
amount of lockins can overwhelm backlash and alienation.

--
                ~~ Happy birthday, Mr. Lincoln

Roy S. Schestowitz      | http://debian.org
  9:05am  up 20 days  9:23,  7 users,  load average: 1.68, 1.23, 0.79