Re: [News] Video - Aero Glass/Beryl Intersection

On 2007-02-12, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> __/ [ Au79 ] on Monday 12 February 2007 05:38 \__
>
>> Dr. GroundAxe  wrote:

>>> Hmm, not seeing the usability there. Vista is capable of all those
>>> effects should someone write them.. The question is who in their right
>>> mind is going to want all that shit going on?
>>
>> Vista is not capable of "all those things". It can hardly run a machine as
>> good as XP.
>
> The reaction of the trolls whenever they see Beryl/Compiz/AiGLX/XGL is
> nothing but sour grapes. Given that Vista's main selling point is its new
> 'gown', the trolls would be wiser to remain quiet (implicit apathy).

After seeing the video, it took all of 10 minutes to get beryl installed
and working on a P4 2.8 with 1 gig ram and a GForce 5900 with a broken
fan. It's running quite nicely. I love the burn effect!

I'm guessing it would take longer to install Vista, and I'm also
guessing that the ext[23] driver wouldn't work.

--
She is not refined.  She is not unrefined.  She keeps a parrot.
		-- Mark Twain

http://www.websterscafe.com