Re: [News] More Arrogance from Novell

  • Subject: Re: [News] More Arrogance from Novell
  • From: Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 08:36:39 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Tim Smith <reply_in_group@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> In article <4755149.U0RE7HIERd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>  Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I guess their strong stance (and words) result from the violent attack
>> (whether deliberate or not) from Reuters and others (yes, there are others
>> as well who muddies the water with disinformation, maybe for
>> sensationalism). Other silly headlines:
>
> You've generated quote a lot of anti-Novell FUD yourself.

No, he hasn't.  Novell created their own problems by reaching that
disgusting software patent deal with Microsoft, where their senior guys
have lined their pockets, and they've created a shedload of fud
regarding magical but non-existent potential liability for people who
use linux.  Their act was so dreadful that some of the Samba team left
Novell to join Google, as they felt that they could not work in a
company which had done what Novell did.

You can try to blame Roy for this, but this would be as disingenuous as
the rubbish you were spouting about flying - you appear to be
knowledgeable in neither area.  Novell have caused their own problems by
acting in the way they did.