Re: [News] Industry Experts: Open Source Should be on the Applications Shit List

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, B Gruff
<bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Wed, 10 Jan 2007 18:48:36 +0000
<50kqmsF1ggdlgU1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Wednesday 10 January 2007 15:02 Aunty Diluvian wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 12:24:31 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
>> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>>Open source: moving on up the stack
>>>
>>>,----[ Quote ]
>>>`----
>>
>> What they mean is "....trying to decide which open-source tool
>> is CLOSEST TO BEING ready for any public deployment".
>
> No.  What they said was "figuring out which open source tools are ready for
> enterprise deployments"
>
> ... and what this means is "Aunty Delivian is a pillock"
>
> Next!

I'll admit to wondering what "ready" means in this context.
Clearly the trolls have the capability of being overly
nitpicky in some cases. :-)  (Apache, for example, is
ready now, and has been for awhile.)

Desktop tools look pretty good here, too.  If anything,
Mozilla looks more ready than IE7. :-)

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
GNU and improved.