Re: [News] The Linux-based TiVo Flirts with Comcast

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> TiVo and Comcast to test set-top DVR in spring
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | TiVo Inc. said on Monday it hopes to start
> | testing its first integrated digital video recorder
> | service with Comcast Corp. the
> | leading U.S. cable operator, this spring, two years after
> | they reached an agreement to develop the service.
> `----
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070108/tc_nm/electronics_show_tivo_dc
>
> Linux devices in many millions of homes.

Comcast, Comcast? I remember that name. The ones who tried to convince us
britlanders that cable TV was a good thing, with lots of selling channels
and lots of channels that play none stop repeats of the old stuff that has
already been repeated a million times on our three main channels.

It didn't last long round here. People got it in during the hype, it was
gone by the end of the contract period.

We now have freeview, with lots of selling channels and lots of channels
playing endless repeats and worse they just put in some huge day long tape
and play that same tape day after day. So freeview actually shows people
the junk they would get if their subscribed to Sky or a full cable thing.

In the end Britland we still only have four real channels, we have channel
five but I've never known anyone watch that.