Re: Sony does not Meet Shipping Goals in Delivery of Linux-ready Consoles

"Larry Qualig" <lqualig@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> Sony ships 1 million PS3s in N. America
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | In an important early look at the pivotal holiday sales season, Sony
>> | Corp. said it met its goal of shipping 1 million PlayStation 3
>> | consoles to North America in 2006 despite ongoing production
>> | problems with the still hard-to-find video game system.
>> `----
>>
>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070108/ap_on_hi_te/sony_ps3_sales
>

> You seem to have missed this very next sentence in your quote:
>
> - "The figure is about half of Sony's stated goal of 2 million PS3s
> globally by the end of 2006."
>

> So they shiped "about half" of their goal of 2-million. But I guess
> that's "close enough" and they really did make their goal?

Sony was going to release the PS3 back in March 2006 in Japan,  looks like
they missed that goal,  though they did make the Novermber 2006 goal of
shipping to North America.
I guess if you keep moving the goal posts it gets easier after a while.