Re: [News] European Union Changes Mind, Linux Support is Legal

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> EU withdraws claim that Linux support is illegal
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | The Council's refusal to support Linux has angered the open-source
> | community.

I tracked down the web page:

http://ceuweb.belbone.be/

It not only /excludes/ Linux (which it doesn't because you can use Kaffiene
and others to play the streams -- but it positively glows that:

"Our service is optimized for Windows Media Player. You can find this player
on the website stated below. "

> http://news.zdnet.co.uk/itmanagement/0,1000000308,39285357,00.htm

Still one has to question why they would use a costly proprietary system
(paid by the taxpayers) rather than free Ogg streams.   But, leave it to
brie eating, espresso swilling Eurocrats to blast the public budget.

--
Texeme Construct
updated 1/4 http://john-bailo.blogspot.com/