Re: [News] The Font Test; Verdict: "Yes, fonts on Linux look quite good!"

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> Visual comparison of major OS?s font rendering
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Personally I don't like ClearType at all. And looking at it
> | gives me headaches. Also, Linux's myth of bad font rendering
> | is finally over.
> `----
>
> http://mywheel.net/blog/index.php/2007/01/08/visual-comparison-of-major-oss-font-rendering/
>
> Subject line quote from:
>
> http://digg.com/software/Visual_comparison_of_Mac_OS_X_Linux_and_Windows_font_rendering

The fonts are still hideous in Linux.  I admit clear type sucks.  But
the windows fonts with no clear type are totally sharper than the Ubuntu
fonts.  The Ubuntu fonts are globed up in corners and places are
bleeding together.

If that's the level standards linux users have no wonder it's horrid.

--
wjbell

Peter K abandon his firewall lie:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/e6eaf7e09552e5e2?hl=en

Jim R failing to address the issue after being asked:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/5ad37ca14a2d7224?hl=en

And of course, Roy Culley -- COLAs loyal hall monitor:
http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=cola+stats&hl=en&as_uauthors=roy+culley
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/578bb2221ad0453c?hl=en