[News] "2007 Promises to be a Big One for Linux"

Linux happenings in 2007

,----[ Quote ]
| This year promises to be a big one for Linux, at least
| according to predictions by analysts and pundits in the
| early part of this decade.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/newsletters/linux/2007/0101linux2.html

Related and recent:

New Year 2007 - The year of GNU/Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| There was a time when I used to boot into Windows to carry out
| certain tasks. But for the past many months, I have realized that
| I am able to do all my tasks from within GNU/Linux itself and it
| has been some time now since I have booted into Windows.
`----

http://linuxhelp.blogspot.com/2007/01/new-year-2007-year-of-gnulinux.html

Linux in 2006: June is Busting Out All Over

,----[ Quote ]
| I apologize for sounding like a typical lame pundit, but 2006 was the Year
| of Linux. I never said that before--I was waiting until it became true.
`----

http://www.enterprisenetworkingplanet.com/netos/article.php/3650901

Next Gen, Mission-Critical Apps To Be Deployed on Linux Says Report

,----[ Quote ]
| By now it should be obvious to even the most casual industry observers
| that Linux operating systems - and open source-based software in general -
| have reached critical marketplace mass. Recent Linux deals and
| announcements by Oracle and Microsoft have only reinforced the "open
| source is enterprise-grade" message that IBM, Unisys and other "Master
| Brand" hardware, software and services vendors have been preaching for
| years. In short, open source, especially Linux, is becoming "legitimized"
| by the major vendors for enterprise environments, and user executives
| are more than happy to believe them.
`----

http://www.linuxelectrons.com/News/RoundUp/Next_Gen_MissionCritical_Apps_To_Be_Deployed_on_Linux_Says_Report

CIO study finds Linux ready for prime-time

,----[ Quote ]
| The company predicts a steep rise: only 18 percent of businesses
| will be using Linux in business-critical roles by the end of 2007.
|
| "Linux operating systems - and open source-based software in general
| - have reached critical marketplace mass," said the study's authors,
| Bruce Guptill and Bill McNee of Saugatuck Research.
`----

http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/index.cfm?RSS&NewsID=7681

2006: What it All Means for the Penguin

,----[ Quote ]