[News] BusinessWeek Advises Against Upgrades to Vista

Vista: Upgrade--or Trade Up?

,----[ Quote ]
| When Windows XP came out in 2001, I urged people to move quickly
| to get rid of the hopelessly unreliable Windows 98 and the even worse
| Windows Me. That meant upgrading to XP, and like all earlier Windows
| upgrades, the process was as much fun as a root canal. XP, on the other
| hand, is good enough that you may just want to make do, for now. Based
| on the troubles I've had in tests, I'd warn against upgrading if you
| have old accessories, such as printers, or if you run any custom or
| obscure business software.
`----

http://yahoo.businessweek.com/technology/content/jan2007/tc20070104_307638.htm

Another reason to come to the conclusion that it's either a move Linux or a
round of spending on a new computer and peripherals, in which case the old
PC either becomes obsolete or gets Linuxed. Thanks, Vista. The article's
author doesn't even seem to be aware of DRM madness...

Cost analysis of Vista DRM: Part II

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://p2pnet.net/story/10827