Re: Help with PC Linux OS

  • Subject: Re: Help with PC Linux OS
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 08:06:37 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ [H]omer ] on Wednesday 03 January 2007 05:38 \__

> amosf © Tim Fairchild wrote:
>> 3than7@xxxxxxxxx (flatfish) wrote:
>>
>>> I downloaded teh .iso file for PCLinuxOS bigdaddy? what ever the
>>> biggest version is.
>>> I burned to ,iso file to a blank cd using Alchohol 120%
>>> Upon rebooting my computer, i pressed F12 and chose boot from CD
>>> The screen went totally black. IT  did NOT boot PCLINUXOS as i hoped,
>>> it went back to the bios boot screen, and continued to boot windows XP
>>> as normal?
>>>
>>> what am i doing wrong!?
>
> Same thing as last time flatty.
>
> Try taking the disc out of the toaster, and put it in the PC instead.
>
>> Have a look at the cd. did it burn files to it correctly, or does it just
>> have an *.iso file on the disk? (that won't work).
>>
>> Windows burn utilities seem very dumb in this area.
>
> No more so than its users.

When I first sat this thread I thought, hmmm.... Gary's only knowledge of
Linux is "PCLOX is kewl", yet no followup from Gary? Well... then he must be
in disguise. A look at the wording (first sentence was enough) made it
clearer...

--
                        ~~ Kind greetings and happy holidays!

Roy S. Schestowitz - serving the Web for 9^-1000 millenia
  8:00am  up 76 days 18:14,  6 users,  load average: 0.43, 0.37, 0.41