Re: Shuttleworth: Linux is the Operating System of the Future

  • Subject: Re: Shuttleworth: Linux is the Operating System of the Future
  • From: "Larry Qualig" <lqualig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 2 Jan 2007 07:55:25 -0800
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> Mark Shuttleworth: Linux is the Future (Interview)
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Microsoft is trying to control Linux with various license restrictions.
> | I don't think there won?t be a positive outcome from this and once
> | day the Microsoft-Novell union will collapse. Every day interest to
> | Linux is growing, that is very good. And as I said, all facts and
> | events are showing that Linux is the operating system of the Future.
> `----
>
> http://www.youtux.org/content/view/186/2/

Wow - Imagine that. The head of a Linux company says that Linux is the
OS of the future. Absolutely amazing.

This "News" is just as valid as Steve Jobs saying that Mac OS is the
way of the future. Or maybe Bill Gates saying that Windows is the
future. Or here's a real stretch... Jonathan Schwartz saying that
Solaris/Java are the future.

So many neutral and unbiased opinions. Yet so many different
predictions. How can this possibly be?