Re: Microsoft's Uphill Battle to Stifle Flash

  • Subject: Re: Microsoft's Uphill Battle to Stifle Flash
  • From: "Ericew" <ericew@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 1 Jan 2007 12:53:12 -0800
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> Reflecting on WPF/E
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Conclusion:
> |
> | This is the real tough one. How can a product that is not even yet
> | 1.0 compete with a product that has been around for 10 years -
> | they'd have to prise Flash from the developers' cold dead hands
> | on the most part. This is key when doing the inevitable and
> | comparing it to Flash, just what is the hard sell that will make
> | me use it over Flash right now - maybe nothing for a lot of
> | people at least with v1.
> `----
>
> http://richardleggett.co.uk/blog/index.php/2006/12/21/reflecting_on_wpfe

Or they could do things the Microsoft way and make flash incompatible
with IE7... oh wait, they are already doing that.  IE7 does not like
*most* versions of flash.  I spent the better part of an hour tracking
down the proper way to uninstall and re-install flash so that IE7 would
recognize it again.

It an operation that would have taken a support call for most others.

-Eric
http://brontide.blogspot.com/