Re: [News] US Judge Rules In Favour of Secret Code for Voting

begin  oe_protect.scr
Peter Hayes <notinuse2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>> Judge Rules Against Ballot Computer Check
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | A judge ruled Friday that the Democrat who narrowly lost the race to
>> | succeed Rep. Katherine Harris cannot examine the programming code of
>> | the electronic voting machines used in the disputed election.
>> `----
>>
>> http://money.aol.com/news/articles/_a/judge-rules-against-ballot-compute
> r/n20061229193309990007?ecid=RSS0001
>> http://tinyurl.com/y7jpoo
>
> I am astonished that any jurisdiction claiming to be a democracy even
> contemplates the use of closed source voting machines let alone actually
> installs them.

That was pretty much where my thinking is on this, too.  Democracy is
such a fragile creature that it really does need all the nourishment and
care it can get.  Hiding what it's minders are doing from us is not
helpful.  Presumably the UK will head the same way in due course.

A day for firm decisions!!!!!  Or is it?