Re: Looks like Roy is once again infringing copyrights...

  • Subject: Re: Looks like Roy is once again infringing copyrights...
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 00:48:54 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Erik Funkenbusch ] on Sunday 31 December 2006 22:39 \__

http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2006/12/28/time-to-rething-waste-culture-amid-global-warming/

> [...]
>>> parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as
>>> conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right to
>>> use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of the BBC, BBC
>>> Worldwide Limited, or any other third party."
>>>
>>> Also:
>>>
>>> "You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast,
>>> transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use bbc.co.uk
>>> content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You
>>> also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any
>>> bbc.co.uk content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any
>>> other use of bbc.co.uk content requires the prior written permission of
>>> the BBC."
>>>
>>> So let's review the violations, shall we?
>>>
>>> 1) He's copied and reproduced copyrighted works without permission.
>>> 2) He's altered (or created a derived work) from a copyrighted work,
>>> again without permission.
>>> 3) He's used BBC tradmarks without permission, not to mention reproduced
>>> them and appears to be trying to confer BBC sanctioning of his works.
>>> 4) He's doing all this for commercial profit, as he recieves ad revenue
>>> from the pages.
>>> 5) He's making it seem like an article, published on a different site, is
>>> connected to the BBC.
>>>
>>> One would have thought he'd have learned his lesson from the last
>>> debacle, but no... Roy willfully violates copyright laws at his whim.
>>>
>>> That's Roy "Do as I say, not as I do" Schestowitz - Pirate for you.
>>
>> That's Erik "drama drama drama" Funkenbusch.
>
> I thought you had me killfiled Roy?  I guess you're a liar, but we knew
> that.  And don't claim you saw someone elses response, because you're the
> first response.
>
>> Grow up please. The BBC was acknowledged when I, as a 22 year old, first
>> put up such images in a new blog (shortly afterwards moving to
>> http://www.sxc.hu/ ) . Here. Let me help you.
>>
>> http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2005/01/06/a-lazy-boy/
>>
>> OMG! What a thief.
>
> Look again at the BBC terms of service.  Nowhere does it say that
> "acknowledging" them gives you the right to use their copyrighted works.
> In fact, it says very explicitly:
>
> "Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by
> implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right to use any
> trademark, patent, design right or copyright of the BBC, BBC Worldwide
> Limited, or any other third party."
>
> And just because your adsense revenue isn't enough to pay your bills
> (another lie, since you claimed before that your excess profits were
> donated to charity) doesn't change the fact that you're collecting revenue.
> Lack of profit doesn't make you non-commercial.
>
> You are in willful direct and explicit violation of the BBC's terms of
> service and copyright law, and you simply don't care.  You have no moral

The entire thread is visible because a KNode filters highlight in green and
scored up threads where certain words and phrases are contained in the
subject line, especially topics of relevance. My name is included, for
obvious reason (PINGs in other NG's). It's the only way to effectively cope
with busy forums and mailing lists.

--
                        ~~ Kind greetings and happy holidays!

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "How do I set my laser printer on stun?"
         run-level 5  Oct 18 14:45                   last=S