[News] Windows Worm Spreads Heavily Around Europe, Creates Zombies

'Storm Worm' rages across the globe

,----[ Quote ]
| The new "Storm Worm" is baiting people with timely information
| about a real-life, deadly front in Europe and is creating one of the
| larger worm attacks in recent years, security researchers said
| Friday.
|
| [...]
|
| "The e-mail was started 15 hours ago, when the storm was peaking in
| Central Europe," Hypponen said. "This is unusual in that it was very
| timely."
|
| The attached file contains malicious code. That e-mail, via the
| botnet, has quickly spread the worm.
|
| The worm is already close to being as large as the bigger ones of
| 2006, Hypponen said, though it's still smaller than Sasser and
| Slammer.
|
| [...]
|
| Hypponen told Reuters that most people would not notice the malicious
| software, which creates a back door to a computer that can be exploited
| later to steal data or to use the computer to post spam.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-6151414.html

My sister sent me an E-mail a while ago:

"...Anyhow, I heard there are huge storms over there, 46 people died in
england and germany - please stay inside while this is going on and keep
safe! "