Re: [News] Linux in Dual-head Thin Clients

7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> did eloquently scribble:
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>> Compact Linux thin clients drive dual displays
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Wyse Technology is shipping a new line of compact, silent, thin clients
>> | that optionally support dual displays via special monitor splitter
>> | cables. The V-Class Dual-Video clients are based on Via C7 processors,
>> | and are available with Linux and other popular thin client operating
>> | systems.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS3534571400.html

> Will thin clients matter any more?
> A Fast Linux PC in a tiny box costs 100 pounds these days.
> I can't imagine trying to save more money on that
> to roll out an installation because the cabling, chairs,
> desks etc alone would cost much more than that.

Depends if all the cabling's already in place.
Could still make a difference if you're placing an order for 100 of the
things.
|   spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx   |                                                 |
|            in            |  suck is probably the day they start making     |
|     Computer science     |  vacuum cleaners" - Ernst Jan Plugge            |