Re: Openness of OpenXML Was a Microsoft Lie

__/ [ Ericew ] on Wednesday 17 January 2007 19:20 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> The Open XML Lie
>

> Watch.. next up from MS...  OpenWindows the OSS windows platform.  Of
> couse OSS really means Our Software Sucks and you still have to pay for
> licenses.  Open in the sense that they documented the names off all the
> API calls, but not actually how to use them.
>
> -Eric

They already work on corrupting the word "Open", "Free", and the term "Open
Source". I have tried warning people about it in other Web sites... and it
turns out I'm not alone... genuine Open Source businesses are quite furious
to see this... it's like being asked, when facing a crowd, if your lost baby
is actually yours and then 1,000 virgins/widows/whatever yell out "it's
mine, it's mine", so you can't clain your son/daughter (thank goodness for
DNA tests).

See below...

Soft sell for open source apps

,----[ Quote ]
| Schroer says there's no contradiction between open source and the
| Microsoft software ecosystem. "Microsoft has a particular business
| model that works for them. But around that they're encouraging open
| source development," he explains.
`----

http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/01/15/03OPopenent_1.html

So suddenly it's not "communism" and it doesn't "belong in a museum" as Gates
would say? The above Open Source fraud has reached many news sites. Also see
this one... a second article which seems to confirm that it's true...

A New Evangelist for Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| When I first heard about this? let's call it "rumor," I have to admit
| that I was rather shocked at the very prospect of Microsoft wanting
| to bring on an "open source" evangelist into their ranks.
`----

http://www.osweekly.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2432&Itemid=449

Let's just reminds outselves what Microsoft really thinks about Open Source
software development.

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://archive.salon.com/tech/log/2001/02/15/unamerican/index.html

--
                        ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: the most popular, but not most widespread
  9:00pm  up 91 days  7:14,  7 users,  load average: 1.38, 1.01, 1.00