A Look Back at Microsoft Anti-OSS/Linux Lobbying in Europe

I've had a little go at http://lxer.com/module/forums/t/24472/ which led me
to finding some interesting stories:

Gates blackmailed Danish government

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft boss Bill Gates threatened to kill 800 Danish jobs if
| Denmark opposed the European Computer Implemented Inventions
| Directive, reports today's Danish financial daily Børsen,
| quoted by NoSoftwarePatents.com.
`----

http://www.zeropaid.com/news/articles/auto/02162005a.php

Conflict of interests of political party president in softwarepatents issue
in the EU

,----[ Quote ]
| It now appears that Lehne works as a Brussels lobbying consultant
| for multinational corporations who are the main clients of one of
| the leading lawfirms for patent litigation in Europe, which is
| also itself involved in patent lobbying and closely connected
| to lobbying organisations.

How Microsoft distorted the facts in the Vienna conclusions

,----[ Quote ]
| Lately, many signs exist showing how Microsoft's monopoly power
| extends to government and media. We can add a new example to this
| list: The "Vienna conclusions". It seems, their power even
| extends to distorting findings in official UN documents. The
| story contains all usual elements: Sponsorship, not willing
| to participate in public discussions, a conflict of interest
| of one of the members of the committee, and a Microsoft PR
| worker making a ridiculous statement. After that, of course,
| Microsoft denied most of it and ignored the rest.

Among many similar stories...