Re: [News] Channel 4 (UK) Takes the BBC Route, Snubs Apple and Free Software

begin  oe_protect.scr
> Channel 4 offering on-demand TV for UK users but not Mac/Linux compatible!
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Seriously, this has gone too far, they explicitly state on their site
>| that they're required to use a certain DRM by their content owners
>| which is obviously WMV:
>| http://help.channel4.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/?
>| St=80,E=0000000000004217305,K=4636,Sxi=19,CASE=1363 We need Apple to
>| open up FairPlay! Who's with me?
> `----
>
> http://digg.com/apple/Channel_4_offering_on_demand_TV_for_UK_users_but_not_Mac_Linux_compatible
> http://tinyurl.com/y2txlv

As I noted in the digest, someone has been FUDding the folks at channel
4;  Realplayer is perfectly suitable for their needs, and the BBC use
it, and it works on Linux and MAC.

I wonder who in Channel 4 was so easily conned?

When you're bored with yourself, marry, and be bored with someone else.
		-- David Pryce-Jones