Re: [News] Microsoft Allies Block Use of Linux?

  • Subject: Re: [News] Microsoft Allies Block Use of Linux?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 17:53:07 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ birre ] on Tuesday 16 January 2007 17:06 \__

> On 2007-01-09 19:21, amicus_curious wrote:
>
>> I had commented previously about the excessive paranoia that seems to
>> pervade the community of OSS advocates regarding Microsoft.  They see a
>> conspiracy in virtually every activity favorable to Microsoft products.
>> This instance is no exception.  In spite of the mantra of the Unix
>> followers and their bretheren, Java is not as totally popular as they
>> claim.
>>

> http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20070108020408557
>
> You'll hear some emails read aloud, one of Bill Gates's, an email from 1996
> about Java, where he says he was losing sleep over how great Java was, and
> you'll see a strategy he suggested -- "fully supporting Java and extending
> it in a Windows/Microsoft way".
>
> /birre

Same source:

"Well, when applets are cross-platform, it expands the number of
applications that are available to you so you can go to a website. And if
you have a Linux computer or a Macintosh computer or a Windows 3.1
computer, you can get an application and it will run."

How can Microsft ever permit this?

--
                        ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Windows O/S: chmod a-x internet; kill -9 internet
roy      pts/4                         Tue Jan 16 16:42 - 16:44  (00:02)