Re: LinuxBIOS for mainboards listing

  • Subject: Re: LinuxBIOS for mainboards listing
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 13:46:24 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Jerry McBride ] on Sunday 14 January 2007 04:31 \__

> 7 wrote:
>
>> Linuxiac <"at yahoo.com "> wrote:
>>
>>> Here is the list of mainboards on which the project to create a Linux
>>>   BIOS are done.  Note that there are still boards out there to be
>>>   incorporated with the BIOS project.  Too bad that some proprietary
>>>   companies will not be capable.  This way you know who to trust!
>>>
>>>   On this list is shown boards that don't work(RED) yet (Work In
>>> Progress - WIP) or, some kind of issues; boards that
>>>   work (with some caveats) yellow,  and the great makers who gave out
>>>   the info so the Linux Bios works (Green)!
>>>
>>>   http://linuxbios.org/Supported_Motherboards
>>

>> Very nice - thank you.
>
> Yes. Very nice. I'll be basing future purchases on this page. One can only
> hope that it (linux-bios) becomes standard fare someday.

Google uses it.

Google Sponsors the LinuxBIOS project

,----[ Quote ]
| The LinuxBIOS project aims to take down the last barrier in Open
| Source systems by providing a free firmware (BIOS) implementation.
`----

http://addict3d.org/index.php?page=viewarticle&type=news&ID=31343

LinuxBIOS ready to go mainstream

,----[ Quote ]
| LinuxBIOS is intended to provide a philosophically free replacement
| for proprietary firmware in chipsets.
`----

http://enterprise.linux.com/article.pl?sid=06/11/30/199208&from=rss

LinuxBIOS: The Forgotten Hero

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.madpenguin.org/cms/?m=show&id=7694

--
                        ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "In hell, treason is the work of angels"
         run-level 5  Oct 18 14:45                   last=S