Re: [News] Failures of XBox, Zune, and HD-DVD

  • Subject: Re: [News] Failures of XBox, Zune, and HD-DVD
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 20:31:50 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Saturday 13 January 2007 08:40 \__

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Xbox_Live_Crashes_a_Second_Time_in_only_a_Week

>>> Now, THAT IS A QUOTE that may go down in history. WoW!
>>>

>> Very true.  It may as well read, "We'll sell it as an option for $200,
>> but don't consider it a good investment.  We don't."
>>

> I was really surprised at this one.  It does appear that Microsoft have
> accepted that it's all over for windows.

I can't find the article off hand, but Windows Vista has problem handling
some next-generation stuff like Blu-ray and HD-DVD. There was a big fuss
about this last week. How they keep all that fiasco in the dark... until the
customers start whining about their beta version of XP SP4 (RTM in
Micosoft's eye, because there was a deadline).

--
                        ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    /earth: file system full
Mem:    514480k total,   483228k used,    31252k free,     6236k buffers