[News] Cross-platform Enterprise Development with Mono

Mono, Mainsoft and Cross-Platform Enterprise Development

,----[ Quote ]
| At first glance, it may sound like an impossible prospect for .NET
| developers to engage in cross-platform, open source development in
| the enterprise. Such a reality would be unfortunate, because many
| development teams enjoy the productivity inherent in using Visual
| Studio .NET and its wealth of tools for rapidly producing
| high-quality code. However, they would also like the ability to
| deploy on platforms other than Windows.
`----

http://opensource.sys-con.com/read/318852_p.htm

Might be useful for businesses that are urged to escape the instability and
cost of Windows servers and migrate everything to GNU/Linux. Mainsoft have
been offering this type of service for about a year, joinly with IBM, I
think.