[News] Sun Microsystems Open-sources Fortress

Sun's Fortran replacement goes open-source

,----[ Quote ]
| Sun Microsystems took a new open-source step this week, enlisting the
| outside world's help in an attempt to create a brand-new programming
| language called Fortress.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9595_22-6150063.html

Related:

Free Solaris 10 and Sun Studio Software Media Kit

,--[ Quote  ]
| For a limited time, Sun is offering a free DVD media kit which includes
| the Solaris 10 Operating System for both SPARC and x86 platforms as well
| as Sun Studio 11 software.
`----

http://www2.sun.de/dc/forms/reg_us_2211_391.jsp

Will Sun Use GPLv3?

,----[ Quote ]
| First of all, Sun has been engaged directly in the GPL v3 process
| since it started. My colleagues and I attended the launch conference
| in Cambridge, MA at the start of 2006 - I even logged the
| conversation with my friend and collaborator Danese Cooper of Intel.
`----

http://blogs.sun.com/webmink/entry/about_gplv3

Sun Microsystems Seems Shady to Investors

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/061206/21852_id.html?.v=1