[News] How Windows Puts Non-US Countries at Risk

Windows Vista: Intercontinental Ballistic Software

,----[ Quote ]
| "With Windows Vista and potentially Office 2007 that changes --
| the activation system will occasionally check if the product key
| is still 'legal'. If Microsoft decides that the product key for
| your software has been stolen and misused then your copy of Vista
| or possibly Office 2007 can be disabled remotely (after a
| warning period)."
|
| [...]
|
| Frankly it?s hard to imagine why any sensible foreign government
| would allow Vista to be installed on any PC in their country. If
| I were France, China, Iran, Canada, Venezuela, or anybody else, I
| think I'd be looking at a country-wide migration to Linux.
|
| Some nations are starting to worry about this. China is one of
| the most likely targets of a U.S.-Microsoft cyber-attack,
| and they're probably further along than anyone in preparing to
| defend against it. However, I don?t think they're ready yet.
| They have not taken the logical step of flat-out banning the
| installation of foreign-controlled closed source software.
`----

http://www.elharo.com/blog/politics/2007/01/10/windows-vista-intercontinental-ballistic-software/
http://tinyurl.com/ylu8g8

Related:

Vista a 'threat' to the national security of India

,----[ Quote ]