[News] Linux Runs World of Warcraft, Half Life 2, Counterstrike...

Let's break the myth.

CrossOver Linux 6.0 Supports World of Warcraft, Half Life 2, and
Counterstrike

,----[ Quote ]
| CrossOver is an enhanced version of the Open Source Linux project
| Wine, which makes it possible to run native MS Windows applications
| on Linux. Many Windows applications can be run on Linux in this way,
| including Microsoft Office 97, 2000, 2003, and XP, Microsoft
| Outlook, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Microsoft Project, Microsoft
| Visio, Adobe Photoshop, Quicken, Quicktime, iTunes, Windows Media
| Player 6.4, and Lotus Notes 5.0 and 6.5.1.
|
| Cedega is a commercial off-shoot of the Wine project and enables
| DirectX and other Windows graphics intensive programs, so that
| many of the popular Windows games can be played on Linux. Cedega
| is based on the open source Windows emulator Wine, but it is not
| free software and is licensed under BSD. A monthly subscription
| fee gives users access to the latest versions.
`----

http://linux.about.com/b/a/257604.htm

Related:

Supergamer LiveDVD - Gaming on Linux hits new levels

,----[ Quote ]
| SuperGamer is a modified version of PCLinuxOS - one that contains lots and
| lots of neat games. To name a few:
|
|     * America's Army
|     * Cube
|     * Doom 3
|     * Enemy Territory
|     * ...
`----

http://www.arsgeek.com/?p=737

Get your game on with SuperGamer-1

,----[ Quote ]
| Being from the same artists, Quake4 suffered the same dark
| atmosphere at higher qualities. Thus most of my screenshots didn't
| turn out well, as they rendered even darker than they appeared
| during gameplay. However, the game itself was extremely fun and
| performance from the livedvd was amazing.
`----

http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/6136

Alky Project Announced, Promising Windows Games in OS X

,----[ Quote ]
| Each Alky Converter will solve these issues by converting a specific
| Windows game into a fully native OSX or Linux executable. Alky is
| fully 64 bit capable and has no Wine-like server architecture to
| provide unnecessary overhead and speed degradation.
`----

http://insidemacgames.com/news/story.php?ID=14513

LinuxGamePublishing announces X3: Reunion

,----[ Quote ]
| The announcement was made during LinuxGames.coms' latest(7th)
| podcast, and said to be about 80% completed.
`----

http://www.linux-gamers.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1914

TO: Crossfire 1.5 released

,----[ Quote ]
| Inspired by TacticalOps, TO: Crossfire is a game based on Epic's
| awardwinning UnrealEngine and throws you into the life-and-death
| world of counterterrorism.
`----

http://www.linux-gamers.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1913

December 22, 2006: Wine 0.9.28 Released

,----[ Quote ]
|     Wine 0.9.28 was released today, with the following main changes:
|
|         * OpenGL in child windows should work again.
|         * Better mouse support in games.
|         * Beginnings of new state management in Direct3D.
|         * Improved audio and font support on Mac OS.
|         * Lots of bug fixes.
`----

http://winehq.com/?announce=latest

Wine runs "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion"

,----[ Quote ]
| What works
|
| All graphics except as noted (including menus)
|
| SOUND!
`----

http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=5777

WoW runs under Linux with Wine.