[News] Free Open Source and the False Perception of Cost/Quality

Like OpenView, but Fre^H^H^HCheaper - No Thanks!

,----[ Quote ]
| Hyperic HQ is not "OpenView, just cheaper" anymore than Apache is
| "IIS on the cheap". HQ is unlike OpenView, and it's unlike anything else
| on the market. OpenView is overly complex, it takes a small army to
| get running and the backing of a tyrant nation to fund it. Who
| wants a systems management solution that needs management?
`----

http://www.hyperic.com/blog/hyperic/2007/01/29/like-openview-but-frehhhcheaper-no-thanks/

Making money with open source: Stanford Law School paper

,----[ Quote ]
| This particular one is entitled "Monetizing Free and Open Source
| Software: The Red Hat Solution."
`----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/openresource/archives/2007/01/the_red_hat_mon.html

By the way, it appears as though the trolls have begun ranting many of my
messages 1/5 (Google Groups). Desparate attempts. If sooner or later they
talk about my Google Group rating declining from 4/5, then you'll know their
{secret plan}^TM...

--
It's Vista day and the shills are on the loose jumping for dollars.
List of candidate Microsoft astroturfers (directly or indirectly paid by

        Larry Qualig (former Microsoft employee)
        Scott Nudds (AKA Vistaking)
        Erik Funkenbusch (formerly an anti-OS/2 astroturfer)
        flatfish+++ (Gary Stewart)
        Damian O'Leary (AKA Hadron Quark)
        linux-sux@xxxxxxxxx (changes names, but E-mail address remains consistent)
        Nedd Ludd
        Tim Smith
        amicus_curious
        OK
        DFS
        Terry
        Ana Thema

Take everything posted by the individuals above with grain of salt. Microsoft
has already been caught paying forum members to spread lies about rivals,
e.g. http://worldcadaccess.typepad.com/gizmos/2005/11/2_grassroots_an.html
Suggested filter list: http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/