[News] Company Introduces RT Linux Solution; Thesis Shows That Linux Has Edge Over Traditional RTOS

Concurrent Introduces Real-Time Linux Solution for Mission-Critical VME
Applications

,----[ Quoet ]
| At the heart of each iHawk solution is Concurrent's RedHawk Linux
| real-time operating system. Compatible with the popular Red Hat
| Linux distribution, RedHawk features high I/O throughput, fast
| response to external events and optimized interprocess communication.
| RedHawk is the ideal Linux environment for complex real-time
| applications.
`----

http://www.vmecritical.com/news/db/?5225

Paper compares real-time Linux, traditional RTOS

,----[ Quote ]
| A well-illustrated technical paper comparing RTLinux, RTAI, and
| VRTXsa has been published by two Italian computer science students.
| Emanuele Mattei and Andrea Ludiciani conclude that the RTOSes offer
| comparable predictability, while RTLinux is the least variable and
| RTAI the most efficient.

having just looked at the PDF, the conclusion also say that "Linux systems
are best chooice considering the following facts..."