[News] Letting Vista Advocate GNU/Linux

Don't spread FUD about Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| We don't need to go out forging stories about how Vista is crap and
| all that. Vista should do this all by itself. Let the people have the
| facts, real facts, and then decide for themselves what they really
| want. Instead of shoving the Ubuntu download down their throats
| doing everything we can to prevent them from even having a look
| at Vista (really, its price tag actually does enough here) we
| should let them have a balanced look at both and decide what
| they really want.
|
| [...]
|
| I promise you GNU/Linux will be winning people hands down by merit alone,
| no FUD necessary, not even persuasion. When they open their new shiny
| windows, they will see the beauty of GNU/Linux freedom and desire to have
| it.
`----

http://www.nuxified.org/static/dont_spread_fud_about_vista.html

Of course, the same rules do not apply to COLA where Microsoft astroturfers
bash Linux. Being a Linux newsgroups, you see, if they came here to just
sing the merits of Windows, it would be off-topic, not just adverse to the
Charter. Therefore, in my humble opinion, until the shills depart from this
newsgroups, criticism of Windows (even Mac) unfortunately seems justified
reasonable.