Re: [News] Complaints About Win32 Vista as 'Monopoly Enabler' Keep Flooding In

__/ [ Robert Newson ] on Wednesday 31 January 2007 13:29 \__

> Rafael wrote:

>> It will not surprise me if Microsoft fails to meet the EU documentation
>> requirements they submitted last November, when I read this:
>>
>> | One stipulation of the 2002 settlement between Microsoft and the DoJ
>> | is for Microsoft to document all APIs and Windows Communications
>> | protocols for the benefit of third parties.
>> |
>> | It's a condition Microsoft has been consistently poor at meeting.
>
> No they haven't - the protocols are perfectly documented...the /code/ is
> the documentation and if you want to see the code you'll have to sign a

Sometimes, the code is actually translated into words. They call it a
standards. It even includes description of deprecated code, hacks, and bugs.

Oh Oh!! XML?

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: the buttocks is the largest muscle
Mem:    514480k total,   484944k used,    29536k free,     4088k buffers