[News] Tim O'Reilly, HP CTO, SugarCRM CEO Talk Open Source

Open Source and William James

,----[ Quote ]
| Matt argues that that is why he likes open source -- because it works.
| I can't agree more.
|
| I remember saying something very similar in the early days after the
| open source summit, when we were all first introducing people to
| this new term.
`----

http://radar.oreilly.com/archives/2007/01/open_source_and.html

He argues that Open Source brings innovation and it is a prelude to
proprietary elements.

Human touch key to open source success

,----[ Quote ]
| Despite being distributed across the globe, and communications
| being largely conducted online, open source projects can benefit
| immensely from direct human contact, says one of the fathers
| of Debian Linux.
`----

http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/news/3E7DD83A3AD071DFCC25726F000B80B3

Open-source success is sweet