[News] MySQL Going Public (IPO)

MySQL prepares for IPO and reveals Oracle endorsement

,----[ Quote ]
| "We are planning to go public," Mickos told Computer Business
| Review in an exclusive interview, adding that the Uppsala,
| Sweden-based database management vendor is in no hurry to go
| public after raising $18.5m in Series C funding this time
| last year and $39m in total.

With Open Source software, small projects can become large companies.

'MySQL, Linux powers Web 2.0' - O'Reilly

,----[ Quote ]
| Without Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP many Web 2.0 companies would not
| exist today. This is according to Tim O'Reilly, CEO of O'Reilly Media and
| the person most often credited for coining the term Web 2.0.

MySQL is Hiring

Great Linux Joins Hands with MySQL

MySQL Expands Telecom Consulting & Services to Meet Growing Demand for Its
Open Source Database

Open-source integration (Unisys signs partnership with MySQL)

MySQL runs fastest

Jigsaw Business Contacts Marketplace Soars Past 3 Million Contacts; MySQL
Open Source Database to Power User-Generated Growth