Re: [News] Windows Vista - The Worst is Yet to Come, Escape to GNU/Linux ASAP

>A dystopian future - looking beyond Windows Vista
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | If the thought of Microsoft Vista's DRM restrictions, restrictive
> | EULA, version confusion and user lock-in has you scared then you
> | definitely do not want to know what the lads from Redmond have in
> | store for the next version. If Microsoft's latest patent
> | application is anything to go by then the next version of
> | Windows, Vista+1 is really going to give you nightmares.
> |
> | [...]
> |
> | The message is clear. Get out while you can. Microsoft's only interest
> is
> | to empty your pockets and keep your computer hostage. It wants to turn
> | computing into a monopoly content distribution channel and sell you to
> the
> | highest bidder. Choose freedom and switch to Free/Open-source software.
> `----
>
> http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/79728/index.html

They started the process by first of all getting "customers" to pay for both
Workstation OS's and also the server OS, which is fair enough, but then
having to pay extra to connect the workstation to the server....I CANNOT
understand how large corporations fell for that one....