[News] Windows Lacks Excuse for Upgrades

Vista: Where are the killer apps?

,----[ Quote ]
| Then there are the vendors who say Vista is irrelevant to them and
| their customers. Officials with Microsoft CRM rival Salesforce.com
| said they have no plans to tweak their software-as-a-service
| offerings to take advantage of Vista or its Internet Explorer 7 interface.
|
| "Vista is completely the wrong approach, from our perspective,"
| said Kendall Collins, senior vice president of marketing with
| Salesforce.com. "We are not doing anything about Vista. We are
| ideologically opposed to it. And we haven't heard much from our
| customers about IE 7. We are not finding many people using it.
| We will support whatever our customers demand."
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=225

The only step that's an upgrade at this stage seems to be a Linux migration.
Hardware needn't be bought and there are many benefits to reap. As the
references below indicate, Windows is facing a wall, development-wise.

Also noteworthy:

Reader responses: Anticipating Vista, or not

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/microsoft/archives/110923.asp

Related:

Allchin's 'Buy a Mac' E-Mail Exposed

,----[ Quote ]
| "I must tell you everything in my soul tells me that we should do
| what I called plan (b) yesterday. We need a simple fast storage
| system. LH [Longhorn] is a pig and I don't see any solution to this
| problem. If we are to rise to the challenge of Linux and Apple, we
| need to start taking the lessons of 'scenario, simple, fast' to
| heart. Jim"
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/operating_systems/allchins_buy_a_mac_email_exposed.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535
http://tinyurl.com/y5cuu6