[News] Backbone Of The World Wide Web Uses Linux

LAMP Development - Backbone Of The World Wide Web

,----[ Quote ]
| The LAMP development system is something that has always powered
| the World Wide Web. Combining the powers of Linux with the other
| features gives web designers the ability to create versatile
| websites. This system will continue to be powerful tools for
| web designers as long as the changes of users are noted
| and implemented.
`----

http://www.webpronews.com/expertarticles/expertarticles/wpn-62-20070129LAMPDevelopmentBackboneoftheWorldWideWeb.html
http://tinyurl.com/ysxc52

Related:

At last count, Apache ran 73.4% of the Web (91.74% in Germany)

December 2006 Security Space Survey Results

,----[ Quote ]
| Security Space estimates that nearly 90 percent of all Web sites
| are "orphans" to which no other sites link. Its Web server survey
| therefore counts only those servers referenced on other sites.
`----

http://www.serverwatch.com/stats/article.php/3652421

On these "orphan" sites:

Open Source Fights Back