[News] SCO Loses Confidence in Its Anti-Linux Case

Has SCO seen the end of the line?

,----[ Quote ]
| As noted by Groklaw, The SCO Group?s latest SEC filing contains the
| admission for the first time that the company might not get to have
| its claims against IBM heard by a jury.
|
| This is the worse case scenario for SCO -- such is the nature of the
| caution shown by every company in the "risk factor" section of any
| filing -- but when combined with the language used by Darl McBride
| on the company's recent financial conference call, it indicates that
| perhaps SCO has realized that the light it once saw at the end oft
| he tunnel was in fact a train.
`----

http://www.businessreviewonline.com/os/archives/2007/01/has_sco_seen_th.html

Related:

Darl McBride destroying SCO: bankruptcy looms

,----[ Quote ]
| SCO has long been sueing IBM for using SCO intellectual property in
| Linux and AIX product. Linux lovers will applaud the downfall, if
| it happens - which, no doubt whatsoever, they devoutly wish - of
| Darl McBride's disputacious and deeply disreputable company.
|
| I'm just glad that people who once worked for SCO in the UK can
| relax in the knowledge that their pensions are safe even though
| the company, which many once loved, has been taken to the brink
| of disaster by its present management.
`----

http://www.techworld.com/storage/blogs/index.cfm?entryid=369&blogid=3

SCO Plans Con Call to Discuss Earnings, Layoffs

,----[ Quote ]
| The SCO Group Latest News about SCO Group, long tight-lipped about
| issues ranging from its recent courtroom setbacks and finances to
| rumored layoffs Latest News about layoffs, has set a conference
| call for 3 p.m. Jan. 17.

SCO bankruptcy called imminent

,----[ Quote ]
`----