[News] Digest: Vista Gaming Issues, Crahses, Installation Woes, Compatbility Issues

World of Warcraft - Poor Frame Rates on Windows Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| I have to say that the performance results are pretty disappointing. The
| test machine is a 2.5Ghz Pentium 4, with 2GB of RAM and a 256MB Radeon 9600
| video card. This same machine stayed regularly in the 40fps range with
| Windows XP installed. Now, sitting around in Orgrimmar, it?s struggling to
| stay above 20fps, regularly dipping into the teens. The scary part is that
| even standing idle, my CPU usage is pegged at 100% and 60% of my RAM is
| used.
`----

http://www.philoking.com/2007/01/28/world-of-warcraft-poor-frame-rates-on-windows-vista/
http://tinyurl.com/yqsvwq

1200 MB of RAM and 100% CPU utility is quite a lot. I still have 256 MB of
RAM at home (KDE 3.4) and I'm doing just fine.

Vista + HL1 Engine = Crashes!

,----[ Quote ]
| Forget the "Games For Windows" marketing. Yes, it's nice to have
| everything go into a games folder on Windows Vista. However, the
| backwards compatability isn't ready for the prime time.
`----

http://www.clocksarestupid.net/articles/2007/01/28/vista-hl1-engine-crashes

Vista Compatibility Forum Launched

A bunch of forums to share the pain.