[News] Wintel Lies -- Says Google Ditched AMD

Google did not boot AMD for Intel

,----[ Quote ]
| Google's displeasure with Intel's blog gossip making its way to the
| press is evident in the company's terse statement. Such PR rumblingsb
| etween the two companies are sure to make things uncomfortable next
| time Intel CEO Paul Otellini shows up for a Google board meeting.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/01/28/google_amd_xeon/

More aggressive play from Wintel (see more below).

Related:

Intel: Only "Open" for Business

,----[ Quote ]
| These vendors often want a quiet private discussion, because in a
| quiet private discussion they can continue to dismiss the requests and in
| the end do absolutely nothing. They do not want a noisy public
| discussion, because then they look bad. But they DESERVE TO LOOK BAD,
| because they are being bad to those who bought their hardware!
|
| [...]
|
| By withholding, Intel is being an Open Source fraud.
|
| [...]
|
| So let's win back the rights to run the hardware we purchased.
|
| Please feel free to let other open source communities know about this
| matter. Thank you.
`----

http://undeadly.org/cgi?action=article&sid=20060930232710&mode=expanded

EU antitrust experts seek charges vs Intel-source

,----[ Quote ]
| The Commission has been investigating chip-maker Intel for six years
| to see if it acts unfairly to keep its dominance over rival Advanced
| Micro Devices.
`----

http://yahoo.reuters.com/news/articlehybrid.aspx?storyID=urn:newsml:reuters.com:20070117:MTFH01539_2007-01-17_10

AMD spells out what it wants from Intel

,----[ Quote ]
| The two companies sessions have "defined the universe in dispute".
| Intel has declined to produce documents that could show
| limitations on customers to buy chips from AMD, quotas for
| chip buying, and "other coercion, including threats of
| retaliation or retribution, for doing business with AMD
| (or not doing sufficient business with Intel)."

AMD claims key victory in Intel antitrust suit

,----[ Quote ]
| AMD filed suit against Intel in June 2005, charging Intel with
| employing anticompetitive practices in the sale of PC chips.
| Intel has denied the charges.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/Story.aspx?guid=%7b4FC79547-9443-4262-BF1E-5AFC9FCDB046%7d&siteid=yhoo&dist=yhoo
http://tinyurl.com/ynfnkz

AMD says court seeks data from Intel in antitrust case

,----[ Quote ]
| Chipmaker Advanced Micro Devices Inc. said a U.S.
| federal court had overruled Intel Corp.'s
| objections in an ongoing antitrust litigation.
|
| The court has ordered Intel to produce documents and other
| evidence bearing upon its "exclusionary conduct" outside
| United States, AMD said in a statement.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/061228/amd_lawsuit_intel.html?.v=1

Court tells Intel to hand over foreign documents in antitrust case

,----[ Quote ]