Re: N770/N800 do they have competitors?

__/ [ _nemo_ ] on Saturday 27 January 2007 19:12 \__

> Sent to multiple groups
>
> It seems that the Nokia tablet has anything I'd like to have in a
> tablet for home use, a device to be put at the nexus between PC and
> palm devices.
> I want
> - 800 pixel quality display
> - web browser
> - WiFi
> - e-mail client
> - RSS reader
> - pdf reader
> - image viewer
>
> Haven't found any other with similar characteristics, based on linux
> or WinMob.
> Is it true?

Some current Palm models contain a subset of the above features and the move
from Palm OS (just renamed Garnet) to Linux (backward compatible) is
imminent. You would have to compromise display resolution though. The
release of the new Linux-based OS (PalmSource/ACCESS) is set for the middle
of this year, IIRC, so there is likely to be some model released at that
point. Maybe even a Treo, which boasts something the Nokia Internet tablet
does not have--telephony. It does VoIP, as well.

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz
Cpu(s):  24.4% user,   3.0% system,   0.7% nice,  71.9% idle