[News] List of Output Vista Will/Won't Cripple (DRM 'Distortion')

What Content Will Be Crippled When Output in Vista?

,----[ Quote ]
| There are tons of people out there not understanding all of this
| "Vista DRM", mainly because of less than accurate media reporting.
| That's completely understandable, but lets run down a quick list here
| of some of the popular content out there.
`----

http://msmvps.com/blogs/chrisl/archive/2007/01/25/519180.aspx

Skipping the PR spin, have a look below.

Related:

Microsoft's Response (to Gutmann's Critism)

,----[ Quote ]
| Since the portions that I'll comment on here are PR-related rather
| than technical content, the following section is an attempt to
| respond directly and try and unravel the PR spin. The technical
| comments have been integrated into the main body of the writeup.
`----

http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/pubs/vista_cost.html#response

Microsoft spins DRM tale in 'blog'

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft can't come clean, can't talk honestly, and won't do
| anything to protect its customers. Keep that in mind when you
| are buying your next PC, if you buy one with Vista pre-installed,
| you are funding the very people who are actively hurting you.

The Longest Suicide Note in History

,----[ Quote ]
`----     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

http://blogs.pcworld.co.nz/pcworld/tux-love/2007/01/the_longest_suicide_note_in_hi.html

--
List of candidate Microsoft astroturfers (directly or indirectly paid by
Microsoft to post in this newsgroup):

        flatfish+++
        Damian O'Leary (AKA Hadron Quark)
        Erik Funkenbusch
        Larry Qualig (former Microsoft employee)
        Scott Nudds (AKA Vistaking)
        Nedd Ludd
        Tim Smith
        OK
        DFS
        Terry

Take everything posted by the individuals above with a barrel of salt.