Re: [News] Six Cellphone Giants Form "Mobile Linux Foundation"

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
Cellphone giants unveil mobile Linux foundation

Wow. This one will make Symbian and Microsoft lose some sleep. See more
context below.

No offense, but whenever I hear that a bunch of Tech Giants get together to form some type of "foundation" or "group" my eyes cloud over. Seriously, when we hear that Microsoft does these types of things, we all scoff. Linux shouldn't get into the trap of depending on the Big Boys to create "foundations" -- real progress will come from helping the customer and delivering value.