Re: Experts say M$ Windows still to easy to infiltrate

  • Subject: Re: Experts say M$ Windows still to easy to infiltrate
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 19:38:33 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ B Gruff ] on Thursday 25 January 2007 18:25 \__

> On Thursday 25 January 2007 16:44 William Poaster wrote:
>
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6298641.stm
>
> "Experience showed that about 50% of all pirated Windows programmes came
> with Trojans pre-installed on them, Mr Markoff said"
>
> Interesting?
> How many failures of WGA were there?

Microsof syas 22%. I suppose they conveniently ignore the far east, among
other places. Ths same company hides the real figures behind malware and
Xbbox failure rates.

> - and the guy said "programmes", so that's before we count all those ripped
> off "copies" of MS Office, Photoshop etc. that the trolls here reckon can't
> be equalled by FOSS?

If it counts, the possibility of NSA back doors make 100% of the copies of
Windows infected, especially if connected. Vista boasts a 100% defective by
design rate.

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Somebody, give this politician a wedgie"
roy      pts/4                         Thu Jan 25 00:24 - 00:26  (00:02)