A Million Multiple Posts

  • Subject: A Million Multiple Posts
  • From: BearItAll <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 09:25:59 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Not only are more and more taking up the hobby of scouring google for
everything with the word 'linux' in it and posting it here, but we are also
getting the same news stories over and over, because of cause they are all
posting the top ten google links that their find.

Some of the names of those multiple posters seem very simmilar to me, is it
just a couple of posters going by several slightly different names posting
all of these?

Don't go saying that I should killfile them, I have said before I am not
against those who do this news/google scouring looking for stuff to post, I
like to respond to some of them, but there has to be a reasonable limit. I
would say that a reasonable limit would be about 20 posts, but only if
those 20 posts are relevant or thought provoking or just plain interesting,
not everything that has the word Linux in it comes within those criteria.

So come on you multi-post hobbyists (and really it is nothing more than a
hobby), put your multi posts into a single post Or, if you really can't
manage to do that, put a limit on how many you post per day.

Now, I'm sure the usual lynch mob will assume I am having a go at Roy here,
I am but not only Roy, but fair play to Roy because last time we grumbled
he did cut his posts down and he does now do more of putting multiple
stories into single posts.

So, all of you multi-posters, can you start putting your posts into single
posts. Please remember that not everyone who uses news groups lives in a
city with mega fast broadband, Joe Bloggs the farmer sat at his dial up
connection in the centre of {some place miles from anywhere, I can't think
of one at the moment} has to download all of these multi-posts each time he
starts up his news reader.