Re: [News] Dell Compatibility Error Prevents Linux Buy

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Quote from Digg:
>
> Dell's Confused Compatibility

In 2003 I bought a Dell Optiplex PIII from Boeing Surplus.   I thought it
would make a great Linux machine and bought it for very little.   At that
time, I had been running RedHat on a laptop from work in dual boot.   I had
not used Suse yet or Debian.

I remember going through several distroes and even purchasing my first copy
of Suse (9.1) to "make sure" that I had a working distro.   None of them
would load and I eventually concluded that it was...Dell.

Funny, that even back then they would go to great pains to insure Linux
incompatibility.

--
Texeme