Re: Microsoft in hot water over Wikipedia edits

__/ [ Oliver Wong ] on Wednesday 24 January 2007 23:02 \__

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/internet/01/24/microsoft.wikipedia.ap/index.html

>>> I just posted that myself.
>>>
>>> Well funkybreath?  How are you gonna spin this one?
>>
>> Still waiting for the formal rebuttal to arrive by E-mail. He is a
>> mouthpiece, don't you already know?
>
>     The timestamp of your message is 5:22 PM, so maybe you missed (or
> overlooked?) this reply when you posted it:
>
> http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/0e796cfe2edd392e
> <quote>
> High Plains Thumper wrote:
>> yttrx wrote:
>
>>> http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/internet/01/24/microsoft.wikipe
>>> dia.ap/index.html
>
>> Good find, yttrx.  I found this statement interesting:
>
>>> Jelliffe, who is chief technical officer of a computing
>>> company based in Australia, did not return an e-mail
>>> seeking comment.
>
>>> In a blog posting Monday, he described himself as a
>>> technical standards aficionado and not a Microsoft
>>> partisan. He said he was surprised to be approached by
>>> Microsoft but figured he'd accept the offer to review the
>>> Wikipedia articles because he considered it important to
>>> make sure technical standards processes were accurately
>>> described.
>
> This statement is far more interesting:
>
> "... they had agreed that the company [MS] would not be allowed to review
> his writing before submission."
>
> I know you saw it, but anything that doesn't cast MS in a negative light is
> glossed over by cola bozos.
> </quote>

Persuation with /money/ is an indication of a prod. I can assure you it ain't
the first. It would simply be naive to think otherwise.

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Vista: as the reputation of "Longhorn" was mucked
Mem:    514480k total,   483464k used,    31016k free,     7592k buffers